Friday, February 5, 2010

60 days of GYM (Day 5)

Lately I've been finding myself working ridiculous hours both on my company and in my role as being a lifestyle support worker. I've pretty much devoted my life to making change in the lives of people with disabilities. I found that if I work myself too hard I only end up becoming less and less effective because I don't have the brain power left to make the right decisions any more.

Long story short, I've decided that I need to make more of an effort to look after myself. I set myself the goal to go to the gym as much as possible (within reason) over the next two months. I started on the 1st of this month, and I was surprised to see how much change it made straight away. I hadn't slept properly for about 4 days and after just 1 hour 30mins in the gym, I slept like a log for 12 hours straight. I woke up feeling so good the next morning I felt like going to the gym again the next day (until I tried to get up and realised how sore my whole body was).

My second gym session was on Wednesday 3rd, I was testing out my limit on the bench press when a friend of mine from the gym started pushing me. Turns out my limit is 1 rep at 60kg. I'm 105kg so I've got a while to go to be able to bench press my own body weight. I started to give myself a little pep talk in my head and thought if I can lose 15-20kg (how much I've put on in the last few years) I would only need to bench press about another 25kg and I'd be pressing my bodyweight. I am not sure if I will ever get there but I figure why not aim high.

My 3rd session was this morning and I felt like I was really crushing it but had to shoot of after an hour to get some jobs done.

I figured I'd start posting on here about how I'm going with this so that my #GAS buddies can harass me if I don't keep it up. My starting stats are as follows:

Weight: 105kg
Waist: 42 inches
Bench press: 60kg

These are what I want to focus on.

Now to work on the diet, any suggestions? I'm aiming to lose about 10kg in 2 months. With 3 days gym a week.

If we've never met before, make sure to say hi to me on twitter @rhyscooper

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome mate go get 'em!

    You'll find yourself eating more healthy foods as you feel more healthy. It's a wonderful subconcious motivator.

    Keep posting - I've got my eye on you! #GAS

    ReplyDelete